Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Preparation for a 5 month stay

It's amazing how quickly time passes. Seems like yesterday I was dreaming about seeing the world, experiencing more than this small state of North Carolina. Now as a little over a week separates me from the trip of a lifetime I can barely digest the reality of it all. To a man with many years under his belt, 5 months is barely a blink of an eye but to a man who feels like he's going to be young forever and lives for today that time seems like a century. Its hard to imagine not being around all my friends at UNCG. How much will everyone change while I'm gone? What classic moments will I miss while I'm away? Being that this is the senior year for my class, I wonder how many of my friends will move away after graduation only to become marks in a great chapter of my life. With a little over a week left, I try to comprehend how can I best utilize my time with the ones I love. It's hard preparing to say so long to a family that adores me and a girl that has stolen my heart these past precious years. But in saying so long, It feels great to feel the support from everyone that has ever been in contact with me. Prayers from my family and friends, best wishes from those I work with and so much more. As the time approaches, I look forward to every moment I will have in the great city of Cape Town but most of all, I look forward to returning and sharing every detail with those I love.

Stay tuned for all my future posts, I plan to blog about every moment, every step of the way. Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment